Tanzania Plans to List State Power Co. This Year
Govt plans to offer 49% of Tanzania Electric Supply Co. to public this yr; govt to retain controlling interest, Nairobi-based newspaper reports, citing Energy Minister Sospeter Muhongo.
* Govt to split co. into separate units for generation, transmission, distribution by 2017;
* Govt to invest $1.2b in Tanesco over 10 yrs;
* Govt aims to increase power production to 10,000 MW by 2025 from current 1,400 MW;
* Govt invites investors to generate 100 MW-5,000 MW from coal, gas, solar, wind, fuel;
* NOTE: Tanzanian Power Utility Says in Financing Talks With CRDB Bank. Source: Bloomberg